guix-devel

Re: Making `python-next` the next `python`

From: Tanguy LE CARROUR
Subject: Re: Making `python-next` the next `python`
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 10:58:40 +0100

Hi Guillaume,

Excerpts from Guillaume Le Vaillant's message of November 8, 2021 10:26 am:
> Tanguy LE CARROUR <tanguy@bioneland.org> skribis:
>> I've just started working on packaging Python 3.10 and realized
>> that Guix's default version for Python is still 3.8.
>>
>> What would be the proper way to make 3.9 the default version?
>> Do I "just" have to submit a patch that rename the related packages?
>
> Python 3.9 is already the default version on the core-updates-frozen
> branch. After it is merged in master, a python-next package can be added
> for Python 3.10.

Great! Thanks and… sorry for the noise! ^_^'
I'll wait for the release then, and keep on working on 3.10.

Just to make sure I don't ask any other stupid questions in the future,
where am I supposed to get this information from? I mean, I checked
`guix-devel` before posting, but could not find any mention to this topic.

Thanks again,

--
Tanguy