guix-devel

Re: Commit ‘gnu: ghc-8.10: Disable failing test on i686.’ has a cross-co

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Commit ‘gnu: ghc-8.10: Disable failing test on i686.’ has a cross-compilation bug
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 10:29:03 +0000

Lars-Dominik Braun schreef op zo 07-11-2021 om 11:17 [+0100]:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> > Currently, non-Linux is not supported by the GHC package.  However,
> > people learn how to package things by example (and by reading
> > documentation, etc.), so I'd prefer to avoid (accidentally)
> > teaching
> > people to make their package definitions Linux-specific.
> do we have any documentation/guidelines on how to do this properly? I
> remember I just copied code from a different package, because I
> couldn’t
> find anything else.

AFAIK the target-ARCH? predicates aren't documented, though it could
be useful to document them in the manual somewhere

There is also a (non-applied) patch adjusting package definitions to
use the target-ARCH? predicates: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49672#9.
(But not target-x86-64?/target-x86-32?, presumably because those aren't
in master.)

Greetings,
Maxime