guix-devel

Re: Commit ‘gnu: ghc-8.10: Disable failing test on i686.’ has a cross-co

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Commit ‘gnu: ghc-8.10: Disable failing test on i686.’ has a cross-compilation bug
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 12:07:17 +0100

Hi Maxime,

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=89de1924cb535fc2c97d3654e21badaebd43518e
>
> > +           ,@(if (string=? "i686-linux" (%current-system))
> […]
>
> Barring any reports of the contrary, I'd presume the same would
> apply for the Hurd. Also, %current-target-system seems more
> appropriate, though here it doesn't matter because it's only
> for tests.
the GHC package declares support for x86 and x86-64 on Linux only,
because we don’t have a bootstrap path for the Hurd (there are
no prebuilt binaries) and the Hurd is not officially supported by
upstream. Unless someone puts some effort into that I doubt it’ll ever
run on that platform.

> I suggest: ,@(if (target-x86-64?) '(...) '())
I don’t see `target-x86-64?` being defined on master and I assume you
meant `target-x86-32?`, right?

Cheers,
Lars