Question: planning support for SRFI-125, SRFI-133?

From: Ramin Honary
Subject: Question: planning support for SRFI-125, SRFI-133?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 19:24:56 +0900

Hello Guile developers:

I have come to realize that there are several finalized SRFIs
published by John Cowan and others, for example, SRFI-133 (vector
library), SRFI-125 (intermediate hash tables), SRFI-126 (R6RS-based
hash tables) that were intended to replace older SRFIs (for example
SRFI-43, and SRFI-69) when R7RS-large is supposed to be ratified.

Looking at the functionality already available in Guile, it seems like
these newer SRFIs could very easily be supported since the
functionality is already fully implemented and could be re-exported as
modules in the (srfi srfi-*) modules. And incidentally, GNU/MIT Scheme
does provide support for SRFI-125 and SRFI-133 already.

So I am wondering why this hasn't been done in Guile yet? Is it a lack
of time and human resources? Or is it somehow against the Guile
philosophy to try to implement these newer SRFIs? Or maybe you want to
wait until R7RS-large is ratified?

If it is a lack of resources, I might like to try implementing these
SRFIs in Guile and submit a patch.

Thanks for your time and hard work implementing Guile!

-- Ramin Honary