Re: Replacing Guile test-suite with SRFI-64?

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Replacing Guile test-suite with SRFI-64?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 23:32:04 +0000 (UTC)

> A benefit of SRFI-64 is that the SRFI-64 implementation has tests
> whereas (IIRC) Guile's custom thing doesn't.

OK two separate issues.
1. Mike G's gripes about SRFI-64.
2. Updating over 65,000 lines of test code

I don't want to be put in the position of having to make a critique of
SRFI-64, and, once my critique is dissected, make it
appear that that is justification for updating the test suite.

I wouldn't be the decision maker, anyway.

It is 2 MB of test code that has served Guile well so far.
I think the argument for srfi-64 is not self-evident. That
srfi-64 is familiar to some and has a test suite does not prove
that the current test suite is difficult for newcomers to understand
and is buggy.

Respectfully,
-Mike