Re: The message chain with an happy ending

From: Blake Shaw
Subject: Re: The message chain with an happy ending
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 17:42:21 +0700

I think the guile mailing list has come to suffer seriously from a policing of what is appropriate for discussion. When I first started getting into guile at the beginning of 2021, the list was more open, active and enjoyable. Since then it has become a ghost town where tumbleweeds blow by in the time that remains between intermittent duals. But strangely there are still lots of people living in the town (ie guile users), they just seldom visit main street these days.

I'm personally interested to hear about what Stefan and other Guilers are up to beyond Guile, insofar as nobody is directing hate or bigotry. But more importantly, I wish that Guile could again become a space that welcomes discourse insofar as that discourse isn't perceived by some as causing harm or stirring irrelevant controversy.