Re: The message chain with an happy ending

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: The message chain with an happy ending
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 12:21:31 +0200

Op 02-07-2023 om 16:43 schreef Stefan Israelsson Tampe:
It's part of the blog, computers tab, I see guile scheme as an art and have a few suggestions of great improvements for it. But you have to demand those features if you like it.

The article and blog post you sent does not contain anything about Guile Scheme -- there are blog posts that do contain stuff about Guile, but this wasn't one of them.

And if you do not see we have some serious issues in the world, just ignore it as much as you like. Enjoy your sleep...

This is non-sequitur, because of the following reasons:

  1. Seeing or not seeing serious issues in the world does not have
     anything to do with the decision to ignore or not ignore the paper,
     because it is a physics paper, not a serious issues paper.

  2. I never said I ignored it -- in fact, I skimmed it to see if it
     contains anything about Guile or serious issues in the world, and
     it turned out that the article only contains physics, which while
     interesting, is not something I'm _personally_ interested in.

  3. I also did not ignore the top part of the e-mail
     (‘... The basis idea [...] and want us all to start doing
     something. Please copy to anyone that you think should read
     this.’).  It is one of the reasons I sent my question on why
     should guile-devel@gnu.org read this article unrelated to Guile.

  4. I asked why guile-devel@gnu.org is in the To, not whether it
     should be read or ignored.

More to the point, my issue with this is that apparently it is completely off-topic for Guile, because it is not about Guile at all, and in particular not about Guile development. There exist many fora on which you could talk about such things (*), without resorting to chain mails.

(*) To list an example: <https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/welcome-to-science-technology.41297/>.

Best regards,
Maxime Devos