Re: (. wtf?)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: (. wtf?)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 18:25:00 +0200

HI,

Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> skribis:

> On Fri, 05 May 2023 16:35 Ludovic Courtès <civodul@toot.aquilenet.fr> wrote:
>> (call-with-input-string "(. wtf?)" read)
>>
>> ⇒ wtf?
>>
>> #Guile #Scheme
>
> Hey!^W  Sorry...
>
> Dear Guile developer,
>
> your tweet made me deeply concerned.  Is it a sign that this behaviour is
> going to be ‘fixed’ eventually?

I should clarify that it’s definitely a weird corner case, but not
something I’m worried about.

As I mentioned on Mastodon, Guile’s ‘read’ has always worked like that I
suppose; when he rewrite ‘read’ in Scheme, Andy took care to preserve
the exact same behavior, even for weird cases like this one.

We could remove support for it as it doesn’t bring anything, but I don’t
see any pressure to do so.

Ludo’.