Re: guile 3 update

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile 3 update
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:15:20 +0100

Hi :)

On Sun 22 Oct 2017 15:22, Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> writes:

>  - Could native code compilation also be a step towards WASM, assuming
>    they lend us their GC?

Regarding this question: yes!  Specifically with the "GC" proposal
(which in reality is much more:
https://github.com/WebAssembly/gc/blob/master/proposals/gc/Overview.md)
I think that we will approach WASM's semantic level.  There are some
open questions of course, like how to deal with the stack and delimited
continuations, how to do bignums with overflow, etc; but yeah we're
getting there.

Andy