Re: Unbuffered socket I/O

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Unbuffered socket I/O
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:35:20 +1100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> I have played with a few
> TCP-based Guile applications (including the Emacs debugging interface)
> and not noticed any obvious performance problem.

Likewise.  I've been reading http headers byte by byte - because I was
too lazy to do it properly yet - with no obvious pain.  I read the
bodies block by block though, with read-string!/partial.

Dunno if read-string!/partial is entirely obvious from what's in the
manual.  Maybe the "Reading" node should have some prominent cross
refs to the rdelim and rw modules -- don't want people thinking
read-char is the right way to go.