Re: Evaluator cleanup

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Evaluator cleanup
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 22:31:17 +0000

> Hi,
>
> I have a patch that further "despaghettifies" the evaluator, as Han-Wen
> would say.  ;-)

Can you say more about how your change despaghettifies the code?  I
can see that it makes eval.c shorter - but what else?

>  It adds two files, `eval-memoize.i.c' and
> `eval-unmemoize.i.c',

Do these need to be .i.c - i.e. implying that they need to be
#included?  Can't they be normal .c files?

> and moves memoizers in the former and unmemoizers
> in the latter.

I assume the memoizer and the unmemoizer for a particular kind of
expression need to be consistent with each other - is that right?  If
so, it seems to me that putting them in separate files might increase
the likelihood of future mistakes.

Regards,
     Neil