grub-devel

Re: Legacy Firmware/INT 13H supporting >512 byte sectors?

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Legacy Firmware/INT 13H supporting >512 byte sectors?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:11:21 +0200

пт, 17 авг. 2018 г., 17:14 Mihai Moldovan <address@hidden>:
Hi

Just a quick question: did anyone ever come up a BIOS firmware that supports
sector sizes higher than 512 bytes (say 4096 bytes)?
Sure. Any BIOS able to read CD supports 2K sectors.
If you mean HDD then I have never seen one. I wrote support for non-512B sectors in GRUB but so far it's untested as I couldn't find such a BIOS

Mihai