grub-devel

undefined reference to 'system'

From: Joachim Mammele
Subject: undefined reference to 'system'
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:40:50 +0100

Hi everybody,
I have got a tablet with special frontkeys and I would like to install and adapt android on it. This works fine with the project android-x86.org

On grub I would like to select the bootitems with the frontkeys.
The frontkeys can be read with the following code (this is working,
file named readFrontKey.c).
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/io.h>
int main()
{
  unsigned char bits8, bits9, bits0, bitsA, bitsB, bitsC, bitsD,
bitsE, bits;
  if(ioperm(0x208, 8, 1) < 0) {
        perror("0x208");
        return 1;
  }
        bits = 32;
        outb(bits, 0x20A);
        outw(-16832, 0x20C);
        bits9 = inb(0x209);
        return bits9;
}
But when I add the following code to external/grub/stage2/stage2.c I get an
"undefined reference to `system' " error message:

The code I added to stage2.c (at roundabout line 391) is
bits9 = system("readFrontKey");
          if (bits9 == 64)
                entryno = 1;
          if (bits9 == 32)
                entryno = 2;
          if (bits9 == 16)
            entryno = 3;
          goto boot_entry;
      /* Check for a keypress, however if TIMEOUT has been expired
         (GRUB_TIMEOUT == -1) relax in GETKEY even if no key has been
         pressed.

stage2.c has stdlib.h included.

I added the program readfrontkey.c to Makefile.am and also adapted
Makefile.in
Any help woud be apreciated
Joachim Mammele

P.S. The repository that I use can be found here: http://android-x86.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=android-x86/korg_external_grub.git;a=summary