grub-devel

Some grub2 problems/questions

From: walt
Subject: Some grub2 problems/questions
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:26:03 -0800

Hi grub group.

Beginning with the commits of 2007-10-31 my two Athlon machines won't
work properly with grub2, and I'd like to find out why.

The first machine has two ordinary PATA drives on a VIA 8235 controller
and grub2 complains that the firmware is tainted.  Grub2 will use (ata1)
okay and lists all the partitions, but for the second drive grub2 will
print only (ata2) without listing any partitions.

The other Athlon machine has one PATA drive on a VIA 8235 controller
and one SATA drive on a Promise controller.  This machine makes it
through grub_ata_dumpinfo for both disks but then it hangs forever
without printing anything else.

As of today, 2007-12-26, should I expect grub2 to work properly in
these two machines?  Any debugging hints?

Thanks!