grub-devel

RE: Switching to git?

From: Gregg C Levine
Subject: RE: Switching to git?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:11:20 -0500

Hello!
That comment about Cygwin is decidedly not true.

The collection is unstable as designed. It is an evolving collection of
ports based within reason on the same framework we have on Linux, and yes on
the BSD family. The big problem is what it's sitting on, and that's why it
is a moving target. The groups behind it are continuing to update and revise
the compatibility layer behind it.

I am afraid it will continue to be unstable as it continues to be evolving.

I should also add that the people behind my distribution do not like git
much either, however but they also include it. I've used it a few times. I
also do not like it much either.

I also have ambivalent feelings behind SVN and CVS.

Both have their good points and their bad points.

Bazaar and mercurial I am not at all fond of.
--
Gregg C Levine address@hidden