grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:36:17 -0500

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

I myself have no objection.  I'd prefer svn, but that's not supported by
Savannah yet, and anything is better than CVS IMO.  In the event that we
decide to migrate to svn in the future, though, is there an easy path
from git to svn?

I believe git-svn (included with git) should be able to do it. I'm quite sure it would work fine for linear history, but things may be trickier if branches are used.

However, I think nobody would want to go from git to svn. Alone the ability to work on more than one patch at once is like getting an extra dimension, something that very few would want to give up.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin