grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 02:06:41 +0200

willem wrote:
> Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Other GNU projects have switched to git.  Savannah supports git.  The
>>> list of the GNU projects using git is pretty impressive:
>>> http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/
>>>
>>> I think GNU GRUB would be a welcome addition.
>>
>> +1. I brought this up to discussion some time ago here but hadn't much
>> feedback. I hope we can move forward this time :-D
>>
> I did look at git.
> I agree , git is better than svn.

Git indeed has some nice features, but why I would hesitate its usage is
that it does not integrate well with some IDE's like Eclipse. I know
there has been some plugin (dead now?), but that is not ready for
mainstream use. Where as CVS and SVN works nicely. If I am not mistaken,
git is quite platform dependant... at least last time I looked at it, it
was coded like it.

That being said... I am not too strongly against switching to it.