grub-devel

BTS overhaul

From: Robert Millan
Subject: BTS overhaul
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:01:23 +0100

Hi!

I'd like to overhaul the GRUB BTS in Savannah so that it can be used to
track bugs in (or feature requests for) GRUB 2.

What I propose to do is review all bugs, and:

  - If the bug is obviously specific to GRUB Legacy, close it.
  - If the bug was found in GRUB Legacy, but might apply to GRUB 2,
    prompt the submitter to reproduce it there (and close it).

I don't think the BTS in its current state is any useful to us; patches
and bug reports are currently overwhelming the mailing list, which make
it less useful for actual discussion.

Comments?

--
Robert Millan