grub-devel

Re: Additional EFI definitions

From: Alexandre Boeglin
Subject: Re: Additional EFI definitions
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 04:41:00 +0100

<address@hidden> <address@hidden>

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 03:58:40 +0100, Alexandre Boeglin <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I guess Apple uses the same code base for all its hardware, so it should
> look similar in all firmwares. If you really want to make sure that it's
> the correct function, you'd need to check that this function iterates
over
> these guids, calls schedule from the dxe service table on all of them for
> all memory mapped firmware volume, then calls dispatch in a loop, which
> would require a bit more time.

Ah, I just had a quick look at the bootcamp application in the mac mini
firmware MM11.0055.B08. Although the function itself looks different, you
can still find the exact same list of 10 guids from offset 0xc20 to 0xcc0
of the file.

And as for instance the bootcamp application has the same guid on every
firmware, I think it's fairly safe to assume there is some kind of naming
consistency.

regards,
Alex