grub-devel

Re: help installing grub-ima

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: help installing grub-ima
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:31:40 +0200

Please don't take me wrong, I don't mean to say that everything the TCG
has produced is encumbered by evilness.  As I see it, my position is just:

  - I don't like to discuss about "bundle terms", because they mean so
    many things at the same time, and they might mix pure evil with rather
    useful features.

  - Remote attestation is a feature which can only be used for nasty
    purposes _and_ it affects everyone (by network effects) rather than
    just those who use it.

  - There's a tendency to believe adding checks and chains of trust increases
    security without asking oneself enough questions (e.g. do I trust the
    root of that chain?).

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)