grub-devel

Grub and GPT support

From: Jeffrey Lensen
Subject: Grub and GPT support
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:34:38 +0200

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some information about
GPT support in Grub. I realize this isn't implemented yet, and that
there is a patch out there that's supposed to fix this isssue, but I'm
curious to find out if there is any progress in building support for GPT
in Grub.

We currently have about 50 servers in our collocation with 4.4TB
diskspace. I managed to create a LVM partition of 4.3TB and a boot and
root partition using Parted, but since the disk label is set to GPT, I
can't install Grub on the device.

If anyone has any tips on how to get Grub on these devices, that would
be very much appreciated, especially since we have another batch of
these type of servers coming up soon...

Thanks.

--
Jeffrey Lensen