grub-devel

GRUB 2 used in Debian win32-loader

From: Robert Millan
Subject: GRUB 2 used in Debian win32-loader
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:39:08 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to let you know that win32-loader, the package in Debian that enables
an easy migration path for Windows users, is now using GRUB 2, alongside
with Bean's NTFS driver and his grubutil boot mechanism.

Statisticaly, this means 150-200 people per week will be downloading and
running GRUB 2 from http://goodbye-microsoft.com/ to start a Debian installation
process on their formerly Windows machines.  For a few seconds they will be
GRUB 2 users even if they don't know it ;-)

Ah, and it's also making its way to official Debian CDs.  Expect it to be
there for lenny.  You can see a video of GRUB 2 in action (in the context of
win32-loader use demo) here:

  http://people.debian.org/~rmh/d-i/win32-loader/autorun/

--
Robert Millan