Re: [TUHS] Re: Original print of V7 manual? / My own version of troff

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Re: Original print of V7 manual? / My own version of troff
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 01:22:53 +1100

> If you don't have my scan of CSTR #54 (1976) […] let me know and I'll send
> it along.

I have a copy named CSTR_54_1976.pdf with a SHA256 checksum of
71d8592991635966cc86a184d7a5b07163298a53c2a900fa0e9bf1a3eabeeb7d. Is this
it?

It's decent-enough quality, but I wanted to check to make sure there wasn't
a higher-resolution copy I could be working off. So, no complaints. How
urgently are the C/A/T typefaces needed?

Too bad Unix V7 didn't have Perl, since this is basically a text
> transformation problem.

It *does* have awk(1) and sed(1), IIRC, which I can get by with for most
text-wrangling tasks. :)

Let me know in private mail where you got stuck.  Maybe I can help.

I'll probably need you to review any shims I write for any C89+ stdio(3)
functions that don't exist in V7's C compiler (which is surprisingly
limited)…

Thanks!
— John