Re: [TUHS] Re: Original print of V7 manual? / My own version of troff

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Re: Original print of V7 manual? / My own version of troff
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 00:43:41 +1100

Hi Mychaela,

*My feeling is that the task would require hiring a professional typeface
> designer*

I'm a professional graphic designer with access to commercial typeface
authoring software. Send me the highest-quality and most comprehensive
scans of a C/A/T-printed document, and I'll get to work.

*John Gardner wrote yet another [cat2dit] but it's in JavaScript so not
> maximally convenient for a Unix command line grognard.*

Thanks for reminding me, Branden. :) I've yet to get V7 Unix working with
the latest release of SimH, so that's kind of stalled my ability to develop
something in K&R-friendly  C.

I'm still up for this, assuming you've not already started. The JavaScript
utility was just a Q&D script added to an already rushed project (Roff.js),
and I"m certainly not counting on it being palatable to anybody.

— John