Re: deri-gropdf-ng branch dependency graph

From: Deri
Subject: Re: deri-gropdf-ng branch dependency graph
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 14:59:26 +0000

On Monday, 8 January 2024 03:29:26 GMT G. Branden Robinson
wrote:
> At 2024-01-07T10:13:44+0000, Deri wrote:
> > Now that Branden has started to incorporate the new gropdf,
> > thought it may help to try to document the dependencies
between
> > the different file changes. Although the document is
produced by
> > groff it includes two dot digraph pdfs with just some groff
text
> > over the top. The digraph data comes from an "in memory"
database
> > I wrote once, very micky mouse, but useful for displaying
> > relationship in a small data set.
>
> Thanks, Deri!  This is really helpful.  Of course the idea is
> invalidate this graph as quickly as we can, but there is
already one
> stale arc in it (or perhaps a missing arc and node).
>
> The "pdf.tmac" changes necessary to support the
`pdfpagenumbering`
> convenience macro _are_ merged to master as of a few days ago.
> therefore cherry-picked "beneath the file level", if you will.
Mainly
> because it made sense to do so for this feature.
>
> This graph is really nice because it enables me to find the
leaf nodes
> and therefore where the most tempting next candidates for
> merge/cherry-picking are.
>
> And sure enough it appears that the "stringhex" feature is
most remote
> leaf I need to be looking at, so I'll be needing to put some
brain
> cycles into what I think a good alternative would be.
>
> Regards,
> Branden

Hi Branden,

I have added a new table to give more merge information, the
digraph now looks like the attached.

I will comment on your alternative in bug #65137.

Cheers

Deri

PS This is what I feed to the program which produces the
digraph:-

File{gropdf}.Provides:=[Font Subsetting More than 256 glyphs
Produces v1.7 PDF spec]
File{gropdf}.Merged:=Merge{7256dfb9f}
Merge{7256dfb9f}.Date:=04/01/2024
File{pdf.tmac}.Provides:=[.pdfpagenumbering
UTF-16.Bookmarks]
File{pdf.tmac}.Merged:=[Merge{8dc1df406}]
File{pdf.tmac}.Depends:=[File{gropdf}   File{input.cpp}]
File{input.cpp}.Provides:=striinghex
File{input.cpp}.Merged:=No
Feat{UTF-16.Bookmarks}.Requires:=[File{pdf.tmac}        File{om.tmac}
File{afmtodit.pl}]
File{om.tmac}.Provides:=Mom CJK Bookmarks
File{om.tmac}.Merged:=No
File{om.tmac}.Depends:=File{input.cpp}
File{afmtodit.pl}.Provides:=Extra column for UTF-16 Bookmarks
File{afmtodit.pl}.Merged:=No
File{an.tmac}.Provides:=[MT/ME  UR/UE   UTF-16 Bookmarks]
File{an.tmac}.Merged:=No
Feat{groff-man-pages.pdf}.Requires:=[File{an.tmac}
File{anmark.tmac}       File{GMPfront.t}        File{doc.am}
File{pdfmom.pl}]
File{anmark.tmac}.Provides:=[PDF .MR (intra-page links)]
File{anmark.tmac}.Merged:=No
File{GMPfront.t}.Provides:=Front Page of Book
File{GMPfront.t}.Merged:=No
File{GMPfront.t}.Depends:=File{doc.am}
File{doc.am}.Provides:=Inter page links
File{doc.am}.Merged:=No
File{pdfmom.pl}.Provides:=--roff satisfy forward references for
non mom scripts
File{pdfmom.pl}.Merged:=No
Feat{Font.Subsetting}.Requires:=File{gropdf}
File{gropdf.1}.Provides:=Gropdf man page
File{gropdf.1}.Merged:=Merge{8dc1df406}
File{gropdf.1}.Depends:=[File{gropdf}   File{pdf.tmac}]
Feat{PDF Page Numbering}.Requires:=[File{gropdf}        File{gropdf.1}
File{pdf.tmac}]
Merge{8dc1df406}.Date:=03/01/2024
Merge{8dc1df406}.Notes:=.pdfpagenumber only