Zombie Solaris 10 to keep shambling two more years

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Zombie Solaris 10 to keep shambling two more years
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:29:17 -0600

Unhappy news seen via Paul Eggert.

Its EOL date is kicked down the road to January 2027 now.

https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/post/new-end-date-of-extended-support-for-oracle-solaris-10-and-113

I gripe because Solaris 10 is a highly non-POSIX, burdensome target to
support.  I can only hope that it will remain as moribund as possible so
that little effort beyond what went into support in it in groff 1.23.0
will be required of us.

If you're interested in security research, you might try finding a
vulnerability in AT&T troff that will exasperate Oracle sufficiently to
throw it out and backport groff 1.22.3 (from Solaris 11) to 10.

Regards,
Branden