Re: Groff hdtbl tables disappear near the footer

From: Mike
Subject: Re: Groff hdtbl tables disappear near the footer
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 16:57:26 +0000

> Can you prepare a pair of exhibits for us to test?  One that doesn't
> show the problem, and one with as minimal a change as you can make to
> cause it to happen?

Yes. I am attaching 3 documents:

   - A stripped down section of the CV template (hdtbl-issue.ms).
   - A macro file demonstrating the issue (hdtbl-issue-macros.ms).
   - A macro file demonstrating a temporary fix (hdtbl-issue-macros-
   working.ms).

The command I have been using to compile:

   groff -ms -m hdtbl hdtbl-issue.ms > hdtbl-issue.ps && ps2pdf hdtbl-
   issue.ps hdtbl-issue.pdf

Environment: Manjaro Linux

The "working" macro file has only one change. Line 72 contains .ne 1.5i

> Studying the differences between the two and the macros and requests
> they do or don't call will likely help us to pinpoint the issue.

That would be amazing! Thank you for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Mike