Re: Leaders

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Leaders
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 18:51:50 -0500

At 2023-09-03T23:43:29+0000, Lennart Jablonka wrote:
> What I intended to express is an explanation for how it could come to
> be that tabs and leaders behave in that way:  It was possible because
> quite seldom someone wanted a tab or leader in filled text.   Because
> long headings in a TOC are rare.

No claim like this is safe while Postmodern novelists stalk the earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sot-Weed_Factor_(novel)

14: The Laureate Is Exposed to Two Assassinations of Character, a
Piracy, a Near-Deflowering, a Near-Mutiny, a Murder, and an Appalling
Colloquy Between Captains of the Sea, All Within the Space of a Few
Pages

Rare?  Maybe.  But not so rare that a macro package need not be prepared
for it.

Regards,
Branden