Re: Broken font in branch deri-gropdf-ng

From: Nikita Ivanov
Subject: Re: Broken font in branch deri-gropdf-ng
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 11:46:11 +0200

On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 12:39:12AM +0100, Deri wrote:
On Sunday, 6 August 2023 16:53:28 BST Nikita Ivanov wrote:
Hi, Deri

Thank you for improving PDF support, especially fixing the issue with
Unicode characters within the outline.

I've discovered a bug where one of my fonts does not render properly.
I've attached an archive containing the fonts, a troff file and produced
PostScript and PDF files. The font is supposed to be Times New Roman,
but, in the resulting PDF, regular and bold styles are rendered with a
different font--seems like it's a default font on my system.

I get these errors when viewing the PDF file with zathura:

    error: FT_New_Memory_Face(VVMHFM+TimesNewRomanPSMT): invalid argument
    warning: ignored error when loading embedded font; attempting to load
system font error: FT_New_Memory_Face(KUTWST+TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT):
invalid argument warning: ignored error when loading embedded font;
attempting to load system font

Regards,

Nikita

Hi Nikita,

Thanks for the report (and the thanks). I've found the bug in the code, I did
not allow for hyphens being used in postscript glyph names. It is now fixed
and I've attached a copy the latest gropdf (only to be used if you are running
the deri-gropdf-ng branch).

It was a single character addition to a regexp in line 4590 (line 4602 in the
attached gropdf since it includes Colin Watson's patch). Let me know if this
fixes it for you, and keep on testing. :-)

Cheers

Deri

It work properly now, thank you!