Visual Color Reference with Swatches

From: Alexis
Subject: Visual Color Reference with Swatches
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:05:18 +0200

Hello folks,

I was looking for a visual reference of all the colors available with
GNU roff. Yet a quick search on the mailing list archive did not
produce any meaningful results. If you believe I missed related
threads I'd appreciate pointers to these.

Please find attached groff_colors.ms which "creatively" (ab)uses GNU
roff to produce a PDF with visual color swatches.

The output of groff_colors.ms can be customized by:

  * setting the `hex` register to 1 to include the RGB hex code
    for each color in the color swatch

  * defining the `src` string to display the colors for that output
    device, if that device has a corresponding device.tmac with
    color definitions using the .defcolor request.
    Note that the colors for the ps device are also available for
    the pdf device even though pdf.tmac does not define colors.

Hopefully this proves useful to others.

Best
Alexis