Re: Selecting Papersize

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: Selecting Papersize
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:21:10 +1000 (AEST)

Here is the laser paragraph from the Usage section of my User Guide

        All of those command line examples in this section
        assume the default paper size. If one wants this to
        be a specific size, say A4, then the two options
        -dpaper=a4 and -P-pa4 should be passed to the groff
        wrapper.

I would really like to omit -P-pa4 in the name of simplicity.

When I run tests with this omitted,m every still seems to work. But then I only send to -Tpdf or laser printers with either a single bin or two bins which are identical.

I may start using -Thtml shortly if I want to be able to get Grammarly to
check my English.

I like Deri's suggestion which means I only use the -P-p option when I have a really whiz-bang laser printer or phototypsetter. I am about to overwrite my 1.22.4 papersize.tmnac with Deri's and check things still work like I assume.

Note that I did not define PAGE when I built 1.22.4. I ended up
with a default of letter

Note that my

        /etc/papersize

says a4.

I believe my DNS thinks I live in  Australia and we use metric
papersizes, i.e. A4. We use metric everything! We won't go there!.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer