Re: [TUHS] Re: symbols in eqnchar

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Re: symbols in eqnchar
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:15:40 +1000 (AEST)

Note that as made available in the open-sourced DWB 3.3, 'eqnchar' is
a valid troff file. It contains .EQ and .EN and troff comments, much
like groff's own eqnrc.

So technically, it would fail syntacially in an EQN 'include' statement
with  an error along the lines of nested .EQ/.EN blocks.

So if we are going to allow an 'eqnchar' that works perfectly well on the command line or as the object of an include statement, we need to mandate that the 'include' statement only interpret data between .EQ and .EN tags.

But that means that a file containing only EQN code will fail because it
will never find a .EQ. Scary.

We need to think about this a bit more.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer