Re: Groff's -mm Indexing

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: Groff's -mm Indexing
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 14:55:31 +1000 (AEST)

Sorted.

The new system won't really work because it uses \n[%] which is not what I want to get as a page number. I want \nP because I reset it to zero after the abstract.

I looked at the ultimate documentation (the macros themselves).

I can see my old friend .IX which sends its argument and page number to standard error. I can define my own and uses that to output a list of
key words/phrases and their page numbers which I can capture.

I will sort and massage that list into a file and do much of what .INDP does and then pull that file into my document with a .so.

All good.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer