Re: choosing a default font family for Chinese and Japanese (was: an.tma

From: Deri
Subject: Re: choosing a default font family for Chinese and Japanese (was: an.tmac with Japanese man page)
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 14:53:29 +0100

On Monday, 1 May 2023 13:11:39 BST G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> We might need to start thinking about loosening the invariant that the
> default family is always 'T'.  The formatter could still start up that
> way, but maybe the ja.tmac and zh.tmac (and potential future ko.tmac)
> localization macro files should pick something else.

Well, it is variant when the -f fam is honoured. What would be useful would be
if groff parsed an environment variable GROFF_OPTIONS which could be overriden
by flags on the command line. This would mean that if groff was being used by
a CJK language user the profile could export something like "-fM -mja".

Cheers

Deri