CJK table macro

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: CJK table macro
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 16:41:35 +0200

Dear all,

after being helped into the saddle, I succeeded in writing a small set
of nested loops for creating a CJK character table of a desired scope.

Currently, the table has two important macros:

.line produces a line of 16 characters

.block produces a block of 16 lines

Starting and terminating values are currently in line with the needs of
printing the basic Unicode CJK set, i.e. from U+4300 to U+9FEF.

For the moment, I blindly rush through to U+9FFF without any attempt to
define an appropriate halting condition.

Rather than calculating the hex values for block addresses from U+4E..
to U+9F.., I made another lookup table. Sometimes it helps being lazy.

Usage:

Edit the desired end value (line 6, .nr lastblock) of the attached script.

$ troff -Tutf8 line_in_while_loop.tr | grotty | less

Of course, much more can be done to produce beautiful output, but so far
I am relieved that it works as desired.

Thank you all again for your good advice.

Have a nice Sunday!

Oliver.

--
Dr. Oliver Corff