Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] verification instructions for groff 1.23.0.rc2
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 16:19:03 -0600

Hi Dagobert,

At 2023-02-16T07:22:51+0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> This sounds reasonable to me. While I would prefer an automatic
> solution I fully understand the ongoing obsolesence of Solaris 10. If
> you want I can set up an account on the OpenCSW buildfarm for you.
> Alternatively you may already have an account on GCC tetaneutral where
> I also sponsored machines for Solaris 10 and 11:
>   https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/

I'm pleased to report that the testing situation on your Solaris 10 and
11 hosts is significantly improved.

Solaris 10 does still require a bit of fiddling...

cd groff-1.23.0.rc2.98-d015c-sol10/
find . -name "*.sh" -print > ../list-of-tests
MAKE=$(which gmake) M4=$(which gm4) ./configure --prefix=$HOME
gsed -i -e '1s@^#!/bin/sh@#!/usr/xpg4/bin/sh@' $(cat ../list-of-tests )
PATH=/usr/xpg4/bin:$PATH gmake check

Bertrand's tagged rc3, so I'll just go announce that now.

Thanks for making this resource available.

Regards,
Branden