Re: Groff Typesetting Program

From: Valtteri Vuorikoski
Subject: Re: Groff Typesetting Program
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 17:29:31 +0300

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 06:40:07PM +0000, Christopher A. Camarda wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> If I may, I would very much like to ask you a couple of questions regarding
> Groff.
>
> Would I be able to run your Groff typesetting program on a Windows XP
> computer? And, would it be possible to export typeset pages as a BMP?

If nothing else, you'll probably be able to install Cygwin version
2.5.2 or older and use it to install groff, and perhaps ghostscript to
convert groff's Postscript/PDF output to BMP.

This superuser.com entry has instructions for installing a suitably ancient
Cygwin version (untested):
https://superuser.com/questions/1132000/is-it-still-possible-to-get-cygwin-for-xp

 -Valtteri