Re: AT&T troff requests

From: Humm
Subject: Re: AT&T troff requests
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 06:51:34 +0000

Quoth G. Branden Robinson:
As far as I can tell, none of them are mentioned in the Troff User’s
Manual (CSTR 54, Plan 9, and Heirloom versions), in Mandoc docs, or in
Groff docs.  I suggest mentioning these somewhere in the docs, even if
not implemented.

That's a bit beyond the scope of the groff documents we have.  I've
added substantial historical and comparative material, but that's
generally in the context of addressing compatibility issues and
motivating why features are present or work the way they do.

About flat-out unimplemented requests (or escape sequences), I can't
find much to say.

I understand. I wonder where such documentation might be appropriate today—I wish for future me to have an easier time finding information.

--
Humm