Re: Release Candidate 1.23.0.rc1

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Release Candidate 1.23.0.rc1
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 05:05:52 +1100

At 2022-03-22T22:11:47+0100, Hans Unzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any news regarding the schedule for the next release?

I'm working on build issues so I guess you could say we're "closer".

Unless someone swoops in to relieve me of acting release manager duties
(please), there will certainly be a 1.23.0.rc2.

However this time I will have some release notes touting the new stuff.
The wall of indifference that greeted rc1, which lacked them, was
disheartening.

Also there have been over 2,000 commits since rc1, so, uh, some field
testing might be warranted.

Regards,
Branden