Question on hyperlinks in groff

From: Chems Eddine Naimi
Subject: Question on hyperlinks in groff
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 18:03:29 +0100

Hello everyone,

    I'm pretty new to groff, and I've been playing with the tmac files,
writing my own macros and all. Now I'm trying to implement internal links
in dvi documents.

    When reading the s.tmac file, specifically the description for the .[
macro, it mentions a macro called .#, but I can't find its definition
anywhere. I tried greping the whole directory but to no avail. Here's the
passage I'm talking about :
.\" Examples:
.\"     .[ eBay ]( https://ebay.com )
.\"     .[ Contact ]< contact@author.com >
.\"     .[ Term ][ term-id ] *\" See .#*
External links to sites and e-mails work fine, but I can't find a way to
declare any term-id for use in internal links.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Chems.