Re: Fwd: [BUG] groff: inconsistent behavior of " to separate arguments

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Fwd: [BUG] groff: inconsistent behavior of " to separate arguments
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 23:08:43 +1100

[I said:]
> A cursory Google search did not turn up downloadable source archives
> of any release prior to the fourth edition, though it appears there
> should be no legal impediment to their distribution[1].
[...]
> [1] https://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=161650489113326

Hah--if I had just read all the way to the bottom of the message I'd
cited, I would have found a working link to archives for all 4 (+1)
editions of Plan 9.  Good show on the Plan 9 Foundation.

Thanks, humm--this is good enough information to enable me to further
populate the "History" section of groff_char(7).  In the past week I've
also noted that nearly all of the special character identifiers that
groff predefines and aren't already precedented in AT&T troff provide
mappings for the PostScript Type 1 Symbol font.

There are only a few stragglers, which I asked for help scooping up
earlier this month.[1]  I aim to follow up on that once I fix some build
system problems.

Regards,
Branden

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2022-03/msg00016.html