Jean Louis wrote on Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:12:51AM +0530:

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Jean Louis wrote on Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:12:51AM +0530:
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:50:54 -0400

> From: Ingo Schwarze <address@hidden>
> >> I'd like to know if it is possibile translate the entire groff manual
> >> in italian obtaining some money for this kind of work.
>
> > It is good idea. You could hire somebody to translate it.
>
> Note that there is no consensus about this opinion.
> For example, personally, i consider translating documentation
> a waste of time if not outright harmful.

I completely agree with Ingo; there is _no_ consensus.

I'm glad someone took the time and effort to translate the UNIX and C-language
documents into the many languages where they exist.

As to groff, et. al., they are stable enough that any translations would remain
useful, especially for those approaching them for the first time.

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems

 973 822-2085