Re: [groff] groff and pipes

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] groff and pipes
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 22:40:29 +1000

*> Thus its trait of littering non-text files around> on Unix due to the
last line not ending in ASCII LF.*

What do you mean? I've never seen Emacs do this (unless you mean those
lockfile symlinks it creates whilst editing a file).

*> Emacs wasn't either.*

Well, we all know GNU's Not Unix. ;-)

As for TeX: my experiences with it have been short-lived and unpleasant.
The first was a 10-minute attempt to create a *"Hello, world"* document,
but I wound up with a beautifully typeset *"lol, fuck this"* instead. I'm
in absolutely no rush to try it ever again.

Installing TeX on macOS also requires a 3.9 GB download of the full MacTeX
distribution, whereas Groff's source tree doesn't even consume that much
space...