Re: [groff] 04/05: {g, n}roff.1.man: Give assistance to pager users.

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [groff] 04/05: {g, n}roff.1.man: Give assistance to pager users.
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:13:43 +0200

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <address@hidden>:
 |James K. Lowden wrote in <20190703140438.a516b5af83532af9d7aa883b@schema\
 |mania.org>:
 ||On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 07:08:44 +1000
 ||John Gardner <address@hidden> wrote:
 ||> Really? That's interesting. What did <ctrl-s> do? On the terminal
 ||^Q/^S is xon/xoff.  Besides being keys you can type to control terminal
 ||scrolling, it was typically supported by printers so the computer
 |
 |Flow control you can use to totally stop byte transfers from and
 |to the terminal.  I had forgotten and sent a ridiculous mail to
 |the tmux ML somewhen in spring, getting "this is easy and has
 |nothing at all to do with tmux" (or so) response.

My personal actual background was that i "unbind-key -a" (since
ever), and in that situation i would not have expected anything to
step in from wherever.  None of the other programs i use do.
Though, it must be said: they are no terminal emulators.
I did not mention that context on the tmux list.

--steffen