[groff] 1976 version of CSTR #54 (Nroff/Troff User's Manual by Ossanna)

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: [groff] 1976 version of CSTR #54 (Nroff/Troff User's Manual by Ossanna)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 01:05:06 +1000

At 2019-07-03T00:46:32+1000, John Gardner wrote:
> > *I was trying to get the 1976 edition of CSTR #54 to typeset the
> > other evening*
>
> Where did you manage to get hold of that? I was under the impression that
> the source code of CSTR #54 was long lost to the sands of time... :|

https://www.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/doc/troff

If there's a PostScript or PDF version of the Web, Google doesn't seem
to know about it.

A few lines of hacking get it mostly working, but there are problems
with the page traps when the document goes into two-column mode.

It has its own private implementation of the mm macros and groff gets
pretty unhappy when the trap macros start mutually calling each other.

I'm attaching a diff with my fixup hacks to date.

Regards,
Branden