Re: [groff] no header in Japanese manpages

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [groff] no header in Japanese manpages
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 19:22:34 +0200

Hello.

KUBO Koichi wrote in <address@hidden>:
 |I am using groff-1.22.4 on FreeBSD.
 |After updating groff, I realized that there is no header in Japanese
 |manpages using mdoc.tmac.  So I added the following line to
 |mdoc.local:
 |
 |.if ((\n[.x]\n[.y] >= 122) & (\n[.Y] >= 4)) \{\
 |.  if "\*[locale]"japanese" \{\
 |
 |.    als doc-section-name        section-name
 |
 |.    als doc-section-synopsis    section-synopsis
 |
 |.    als doc-section-description section-description
 |
 |.    als doc-section-see-also    section-see-also
 |
 |.    als doc-section-files       section-files
 |
 |.    als doc-section-authors     section-authors
 |
 |.  \}
 |
 |.\}
 |
 |Please let me know if there are other things I have to do.

This should not be needed, the doc- is a shared prefix that will
be stripped during installations, as it is not needed.  Whether it
is good to strip it, i do not know.  I do not like it.  Namespaces
would be much cooler, like being able to say "use namespace doc",
but i cannot help it, at least not for the forseeable future.
I am confident Ingo tested 1.22.4.

Out of interest, who needs this doc- prefix, actually?

--steffen