[groff] Groff output when using .2C and ms macros

From: Karthik Suresh
Subject: [groff] Groff output when using .2C and ms macros
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 16:56:54 +0100

Hi,

I get a strange result when using ms macros in 2 column format. The two
columns on the first page don't seem to be aligned at the top.

Here's a link to the document
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xdhtl9hm2lao4q/starting-from-user-view.pdf?dl=0 with
an extract of the groff source I've used below. What I was expecting to see
was something more like this
https://wolfram.schneider.org/bsd/7thEdManVol2/edtut/edtut.pdf.

The command I'm using is groff -ms -Tpdf input.ms > output.pdf

I've tried the archives and google but can't find anything that explains
why this is happening. I've also tried inserting an extra .PP and that
doesn't do anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

.TL
Starting From The Client's Point Of View
.AU
Karthik Suresh
.AB
This purpose of this paper