grammatica-users

[Grammatica-users] Add token image to node values automatically

From: Bauer, Thomas
Subject: [Grammatica-users] Add token image to node values automatically
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:57:49 +0000

Dear Per,

as to my understanding if I want to have my productions to have values I need to add those values in my token callbacks. For example as seen in ArithmeticCalculator.cs

        public override Node ExitAdd(Token node) {

            node.Values.Add("+");

            return node;

        }

Instead of this I could also write node.Values.Add(node.Image); right?

But … isn’t this some kind of default behaviour, to have those token image values as node values. I am wondering because now I need to override every token callback to add each token value to the node values list. And there are a lot of tokens. So I ask myself whether I misunderstood something or why isn’t this by default generated in Analyzer code or at least having an option provided to do so?

regards

Thomas