Re: Cannot download source code

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: Cannot download source code
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:55:00 +0200

On 4/30/22 16:50, Mikhail wrote:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 08:06:52AM -0400, fossy--- via Mailinglist for GNUnet
developers wrote:
Hello there.
I'd just like to report: http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnunet/gnunet-0.16.3.tar.gz
I get this message when I go and attempt to download it:

....gz.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I am running OpenBSD, but I have never seen such message until now..

Can't comment on download thing, but

"ftp http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnunet/gnunet-0.16.3.tar.gz";

works for me.

Compiling 0.16.3 on OpenBSD won't be successful though, you need to use
git sources for now, until there is a new release.

Looks like fossy hit a broken mirror. ftpmirror points to different servers for different people, if one is broken, well, it may not work for you. In that case, just use the main ftp archive.