Re: mysql check always fails

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: Re: mysql check always fails
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:33:44 +0200

Hi,

for some reason I can't open an account at the bug tracker.
The issue is a one character problem:
https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=blob;f=gnunet/patches/patch-configure;h=ff56f7067812362ff4f0de0b8276e02119aa5479;hb=HEAD

where #include <mysql/mysql_version.h>
should be, configure.ac has
include <mysql/mysql_version.h>

So in a packaging environment where you pass
--with-mysql=/mysql/prefix/ you get a detected
mysql, but the version check fails. Which leads
to <= 4.x being assumed, and therefore mysql isn't
picked up by configure.

https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=blob;f=gnunet/options.mk;h=821017177ceb47baaee6f41378b81e8da55ce278;hb=HEAD#l80

This happens with mysql-client 8.0.24.

The patch I use fixes the version detection for me.

Schanzenbach, Martin transcribed 2.6K bytes: